It can be difficult to manage it all.

One of the universal struggles we all face is that of time management. I think about love and romance all day every day, as I'm sure you can tell by now, but I think I think about time management even more. Isn't that so lame and embarrassing? But it's true. So here I am. 

I want to be able to do every single thing that interests me all the time and, unfortunately, so many things interest me. Recently, I've been going to the theater more. Shows are in the evenings. What else is in the evenings? Dancing. I need to coordinate between the shows I want to go to and the social dance events I want to go to. What else is in the evenings? Basically everything. I hate the 8 hour workday, I hate the 5 day work week. Ugh. It's just impossible! I wish I could take art classes and go for bike rides or yoga classes or what have you in the morning, then work for 5 hours, then go to a show or out to dinner with friends or out dancing or watch a movie at home. I never really watch movies. I never can spare the time to! And yet I spend so much time doing basically nothing. I want to go to museums and write stories and try every new hobby. 

This coming Thursday, I'm going to an introduction to synthesizers workshop with a friend of mine. I had to google what synthesizers look like. I have no previous interest or experience with them, but I love to learn new things and so I am going. Wouldn't it be so cool to make music?

There simply is not enough time to do all these things and run errands and do chores and lounge around in the park, chatting and hanging out. When am I supposed to find the time to file my taxes? (Don't worry, everything's already finished and sent in.) When am I supposed to get the haircut I so desperately need? I need to buy a new basic, everyday, nude bra! I've needed to for months! And yet I haven't! I've just been wearing the ill-fitting one I already have that is absolutely the wrong size now because I've recently lost weight. I barely cook! I wish I had more time and energy to cook. 

I am stuck between not knowing how to make time for all the friends I already have and wanting to make more friends and know everybody in the whole city, the whole world. I need to call my friends from back home and catch up with them. I need to call my friends from back home and plan their visits to come see me in Berlin. 

Although I am on hinge, I have no real interest at the moment in meeting people from there because I'd rather be making friends right now than going on first dates. Maybe that's also due to my current desire to meet a partner organically and have a romance that develops from a friendship. 

I need to learn more about bike maintenance! Can you believe I've never fixed a flat tire? I've changed a car tire but I know less about bike maintenance than car maintenance. Embarrassing! 

A friend of mine and I are starting a dnd campaign. Well, it's more that he's starting it and I'm participating in it. Our first meeting is in two and a half hours. I'd like to get into a rhythm of having certain things I do at certain times on certain days, but I'd also like to have a completely open and free schedule so that I can go wherever the wind takes me. But I have a full time job! How am I supposed deal with all of this? I don't know! 

What good problems to have. But problems nonetheless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...