Temperatures are rising and I am out of doors

Please never apologize for rambling. That's what I'm here for and I've most definitely rambled at you more than you've rambled at me. I think you absolutely should plant some bleeding hearts. And I think you'll be very successful with your gardening endeavors, it feels like a year for that somehow. Something in the air, I'm not sure. 

I went for a bike ride today! I had originally been considering biking to this little town that's almost 90km away from here and spending the night out there and going for a hike tomorrow before coming back on the train, but my weekend has somehow filled up quite a bit and so staying overnight isn't happening. For the better, probably. I haven't taken this new craigslist bike out for any longer rides yet and don't have any tools for fixing it if something does go wrong. Luckily, I'm in Germany and not the US so I would be able to just take the train if need be. But still. 

The new plan was to bike to a closer town and then take the train back from there and then talk with one of my best friends on the phone about their plans to come visit this summer. That would've been a 50km ride instead of 90km. Of course, I kept stopping to eat the chocolate I'd brought along and to take photos of flowers and of houses the camels at the circus I stumbled upon and at one point I stopped and ordered myself a piece of cake at a bakery and sat around and ate that. Because of all the stopping, it eventually started to rain on me and I realized it was getting to be time for me to head back so I could talk to my friend so I stopped early, probably after about 35 or 40km. Conveniently, this was right by the last stop of the S-Bahn line, which runs every 20 minutes so it was super easy to get back. I think another weekend I'd like to do my plan to bike to the other town, but I may start by taking the S-Bahn to the end of the line because a lot of my ride was just city/suburban riding and it seemed like it was going to start feeling more rural if I'd continued and, well, that's sort of my goal in getting out of the city. To feel like I'm really out of the city. But it was fun to ride out of Berlin today and experience that part of it for myself! 

The camel.

Tomorrow it's supposed to get up into the low 70s so I'm going swimming with two friends (the meek guy from the maybe-date and the best friend of a twitter mutual of mine) and then on to a "community networking night" at this events/sustainability space I volunteered at last weekend, which is basically a big dinner party with vegan food and a guided meditation after. I haven't attended one before, but they're once a month so I think if I like it I'll try to make out again soon. Last weekend when I went it was to help build this vertical garden/green wall thing in the front area of the space. 

Not the world's best photo, but this is the front area of the space. You can see two of the five panels of the green wall. These will be mounted to the white wall above them and have wool pouches with the plants attached to them. Very excited to keep working on it and see how it works out in the end! 

What else is there to share? Not all too much. I'm relaxing for the rest of the day. Might watch a movie. Might not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...