Today, I bought a bike

I'm always so excited when I go to your blog and see that you've written!! What a joy it is!! 

I definitely think you and I are thinking of slightly different meanings of the word meek. Having met you in real life, I can say that you are not meek in the way that man is meek. It was not anything to do with him being shy or quiet, in fact I've mostly dated people with those traits, but that he seemed to be trying to be the sort of person he thought I would be interested in, agreeing with me too much and not really sharing any substantial opinions of his own. I don't want somebody who is trying to conform to something to get me to like them. I want to enjoy the journey of getting to know somebody for who they are and discovering all the things that make them tick. 

Like the title says, I bought a bike today!! I have been meaning to do this for quite a while. My plan has been to buy one bike for around town for less than 150€ and then maybe buy a second, more expensive, one four touring this summer. Bikes get stolen a lot here so I really didn't want to risk it with a nicer one, even with a good lock. 

I have not read the passion by Jeanette Winterson but I will!!

What else is there to say? I'm not sure. I might make another post later today about paper. I've been having a lot of thoughts recently and also a bit of a dilemma. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...