Feathering Dilemma.

Liza, if you don't want to read the previous post, you don't have to. It has all sorts of background information I had to get out of my system before I could get to the important bit in here. The Dilemma. 

-----

Okay. Charlotte, ten minutes later here. I think I was being a little bit overly dramatic. I've been frustrated since Saturday because my stamp ink was feathering. I've just stamped a few pages and it's not nearly so bad as I'd made it out to be in my head. But, I am a woman of my word and I said in the last post, which took so long to write (not actually, but still), that I would write this one. And so here we are and I am going to follow through. 

The ink is feathering. Not necessarily feathering, per say, but settling into the paper in a way I don't quite like. The paper is not meant for that ink and the ink is not meant for that paper.

Clairefontaine Triomphe (without flash, with flash)


Original Crown Mill (without flash, with flash)


In person I can still see the issue I was dealing with before. It's not so much that it's feathering as it's seeping into the paper in a way that makes it look like marker, which is very distinctly not a thing I want. I think I'm going to go tomorrow or maybe next week to the stamp store near my office to ask the guy for advice. Maybe I even need to try out an ink meant for fabrics with the cotton paper. I'll keep you in the loop. 

The seeping marker issue is more visible somehow with colored ink. Here it is on the Original Crown Mill paper. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...