I went to Amsterdam to see a friend

I forgot to finish writing this on Tuesday and so also didn't post it but now I'm posting it, incomplete. Oh well. 

On Sunday, a week and a half ago now, I got a text from a friend of mine asking what I'd be up to the following weekend because he might be in Amsterdam. I'll spare you the specifics of the back and forth, but he sent me the text in the mid afternoon and we had booked the trip before I went to sleep that night. 88 round trip! Wow! It's kind of amazing I can just do that now. Also amazing I crossed a border on a regional train. Also amazing that Amsterdam has shops where you can buy "magic truffles" which are ever so slightly different from regular psilocybin mushrooms (they grow underground, not above) and therefore legal. They're like dispensaries, you choose which strain you want based on which effects you want. Again, amazing! What a crazy thing! I thought my friend was kidding or deluded when he explained it to me, but then we saw a shop and he was right! 

I got in late on Friday night, around two in the morning, after a four-train adventure. On the first one, I met this beautiful classically trained singer whom I chatted with on and off for the entire ride. We exchanged contact info at the end and now I have a place to stay in Münster if I'm ever there, which means I need to find an excuse to go there ASAP. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...