Well, I went on my first date in Berlin.

It was good in that I had fun and enjoyed the conversation, but I just do not see it going anywhere romantically. He was too meek. It was the guy from the blues dancing thing last week. Anyway, I've dated people before who can be described as meek and although it feels a little mean to say it, I can't stand them. Like. Grow up. But I do think we can be friends! I am debating whether or not that is something that I need to explicitly say, because it wasn't explicitly a date and didn't have much of a romantic vibe (or really any at all) but it is possible that he thought that because I was enjoying myself that meant it was a Good Date. You know what I mean? I may just see what it's like the next time we see one another, probably on Friday night for blues dancing again, and then decide whether it needs to be addressed or not. I really can't picture him making a move on me (again, he's too meek). 

In general at the moment I'm not seeking out dates. I'm not on the apps and I haven't been meeting anybody I want to go on a date with, I kind of just went on this one because why not? I enjoyed chatting with him last weekend so there wasn't any reason not to. And hey, maybe I could've realized that I am attracted to him and do want to date him. But I didn't.

2 comments:

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...