11.9.2021 (Tuesday)

Today isn't a particularly exciting day to write about. I went into the office, which is always nice because I quite like my coworkers and there's a good back and forth with just enough mockery to keep everybody going. It was sunny in the morning so we made big plans to sit out on the roof in the sun and eat lunch but, of course, it was cloudy by the time lunch rolled around and then poured all afternoon. But I suppose that's how it goes sometimes. Most of my coworkers are at least in their thirties, but the one other woman in my studio is only a year older than me. She and I met on bumble bff a few weeks before I started at our company, so I came in already knowing somebody. It was nice. She and I also moved here right around the same time, despite her having started working here (remotely because of covid) nearly a year before I did. She's one of my best friends in the city. We often go into the office on the same days, though admittedly she's more consistent about it than I am, and we always walk home together. 

I'd planned to go for at least a little bit of a walk after work today but with the rain and it being darker earlier (thanks, daylight savings) I decided not to and lazed around my apartment until I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be cooking my own dinner and went to go get Indian takeout from my favorite place. I know it's my favorite because I pass by another Indian place to get there without even considering going to the closer one instead. An added plus is that it reminds me of the boy I have a crush on, because he's the person I first went there with. I enjoy thinking about him immensely because I can do it with absolutely no repercussions, because the crush I have on him isn't actually as big as I like to pretend it is and because he doesn't even live in the same city as me. I haven't had a proper crush in three years, so I'm relishing in it. Please don't tell him.

Tomorrow, I'll go for a walk sometime during the day. Tonight, I might watch a movie. I might just go to bed early. We'll see how it pans out. 

Until next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

After a week of being all by my lonesome, I am being social again!

I've been going, going, going recently! I was exhausted all week and finally felt like I'd caught up on sleep by Friday. I didn'...